Public Entities, Municipalities, & Utilities in Guntersville, AL and surrounding areas
For Alabama public entities, municipalities and utilities:
We offer coverage through through Alabama Mutual Insurance Company (AMIC), Chubb and Travelers.
Alabama Mutual Insurance Company (AMIC) is organized under the laws of the State of Alabama and is owned by its participating Alabama member municipalities. AMIC was incorporated in March 29, 1989, and began business on September 28, 1989. AMIC came into existence as a result of the “hard” insurance market of the mid 1980s, when many municipalities could not get insurance and those that could were charged exorbitant prices. AMIC writes all lines of automobile insurance, commercial general liability, police professional liability, public official’s errors and omissions coverage, bonds, property, inland marine and so forth. AMIC is the only company writing municipal business in Alabama that offers first dollar defense coverage as well as co-volunteer liability. AMIC provides 24 hour, 7-day-a-week, toll-free convenience for the claims of its members.
Coverage is available to municipalities as well as other incorporated municipal entities such as utility boards and industrial development boards. AMIC includes co-volunteer liability for fire and police volunteers, protecting their personal liability, and is one of the few insurers to cover multi-jurisdictional law enforcement activities, such as federally funded drug task forces.
AMIC is a member of the Insurance Guaranty Fund and is rated B++ (Good) by the A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance company rating service in the world. Contact Woodall & Hoggle Insurance to get more information about your specific insurance needs.
Blanket coverage applies on all buildings and contents insured. This provides you with full use of the total insurance limit when loss occurs at any insured location.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost regardless of policy limit
- Coverage applies for direct loss unless specifically excluded.
- Appraisals will be performed on all property valued over $100,000. This service is included at no additional charge.
- Deductible is per occurrence. Many policies deduct at each location or per item. AMIC applies the deductible once.
- Other policies have a co-insurance penalty. AMIC does not have this coverage limitation.
- Flood Coverage: $2,500,000 with $100,000 deductible
Earthquake Coverage endorsed for $2,500,000 limit with $25,000 deductible
- Coverage for materials, equipment, supplies, temporary structures and other business personal property within 1,000 feet of the described premises
- Time period for preservation of property is 30 days
- Off-Premises power failure coverage is $10,000
- Ordinance or Law coverage is $100,000
- Spoilage of perishable stock
- Newly acquired or constructed property covered up to $1,000,000
- Personal affects and property of others at limits of $5,000 any one person and $10,000 at each described premises
- Valuable papers and records cost of research covered up to $10,000
- Property off premises covered up to $25,000
- Outdoor property at $5,000 limit except signs at $2,500
- Property in transit covered up to $50,000
- Money, checks and stamps covered up to $1,000
- Accounts receivable covered up to 10% of limit or $10,000
- Business income or extra expense covered up to $25,000
- Coverage to items scheduled in the policy
- Coverage applies for direct loss unless specifically excluded
- Deductible is per Occurrence. Many policies apply their deductible to each item insured
- Our limit is the amount of coverage for each item scheduled. Other policies may also have a total policy limit that restricts coverage to that total limit. AMIC does not have this coverage limitation
- Flood and Earthquake are covered perils
• Theft, Disappearance, and Destruction coverage
• Public Employee Dishonesty Coverage
• Forgery or Alteration coverage available
• Money Orders/Counterfeit Paper Currency
• Theft, Disappearance, and Destruction coverage
• Computer Fraud
• Robbery & Safe Burglary Coverage
Computer/Electronic Data Processing Coverage
- Coverage applies to computer and software
- Direct loss is covered unless specifically excluded
- Computer virus is covered
- Deductible is per occurrence. Other policies may deduct per item. AMIC does not.
- Each Occurrence – Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Employee Benefits Liability Aggregate
- Public Official Liability Aggregate
- Combined Policy Aggregate (including General Liability, Employee Benefits Liability and Public Official Liability parts)
- Fire Damage (any one fire)
- Medical Expense (any one person)
- Includes: Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Personal & Advertising Injury
- Owners and Contractors Protective
Non-Owned Watercraft Liability (under 26 feet) Includes:
- Premises and Operations
- Products and Completed Operations
- Includes protection for claims arising from an accidental Failure to Supply water, gas, or electricity. A sub-limit of up to $250,000 is available.
- Includes protection for claims arising from Force Majeure – Gas Loss. Sub-limit of up to $100,000 is available.
- Higher liability limits are available
- Fellow Employee Coverage is included
- Includes Pollution Coverage for sudden & accidental pollution occurrences. Occurrence must be within a 72-hour limit and reported within 90 days of the occurrence.
- Coverage is extended to Vacant Property.
Public Official Liability Coverage Part
- Offers liability limit up to $10,000,000 per occurrence up to a $10,000,000 aggregate for financial harm another suffers from decisions you make. The trigger of coverage is a claim for financial loss and is an occurrence form.
- Personal liability of all elected officials, employees, board members, directors and volunteers is included.
- Our protection includes Misfeasance, Malfeasance, Nonfeasance, Error, Act, Omission or Breach of Duty, Sexual Harassment, Civil Rights Violation and Discrimination.
- Employment Practices are covered if monetary loss is alleged.
- Higher Liability limits are available and recommended.
- Non-Monetary defense reimbursement $10,000 per suit and $30,000 aggregate
Automobile Coverage Part
- Liability limit of up to $10,000,000 per accident
- Personal Liability of all elected officials, employees, board members, directors, and volunteer is included.
- Defense cost has no deductible and is in addition to the policy limits.
Liability limit applies if owned, hired or non-owned.
- Fellow Employee coverage is included.
- Broadened Pollution coverage endorsement is included.
Business Interruption Insurance (Loss of Income) - covers the loss of income that a business suffers after a disaster while its facility is either closed because of the disaster or in the process of being rebuilt after it. A property insurance policy only covers the physical damage to the business, while the additional coverage allotted by the business interruption policy covers the profits that would have been earned. This extra policy provision is applicable to all types of businesses, as it is designed to put a business in the same financial position it would have been in if no loss had occurred. This type of coverage is not sold as a stand-alone policy, but can be added on to the business' property insurance policy or comprehensive package policy such as a business owner's policy (BOP). Since Business Interruption Insurance is included as part of the business' primary policy, it only pays out if the cause of the loss is covered by the overarching policy.
In addition to the options for public entities, municipalities, and utlilties listed above, Woodall & Hoggle also recommends some very important coverages that all businesses need to understand and consider:
Commercial Umbrella Liability Insurance – protects your organization against large, catastrophic liability claims. The policy acts as excess coverage over your primary liability policy(s).The coverage limit applies in addition to the limit(s) provided by underlying coverage(s).
Employment Practices Liability Insurance - provides protection for an employer against claims made by employees, former employees, or potential employees. It covers discrimination (age, sex, race, disability, etc.), wrongful termination of employment, sexual harassment, and other employment-related allegations. It covers your firm, including its directors and officers.
Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions) Insurance - protects your company from claims if your client holds you responsible for errors, or the failure of your work to perform as promised in your contract. Coverage includes legal defense costs - no matter how baseless the allegations. Errors and Omissions Insurance will pay for any resulting judgments against you, including court costs, up to the coverage limits on your policy. Errors & Omissions Insurance coverage extends to both W2 employees and 1099 subcontractors, and can be worldwide in scope.
Workers’ Compensation Liability Insurance - provides coverage to employees for accidents or disease arising from employment. Benefits may include lost wages, medical expenses, and permanent disfigurement/disability payments. State law requires that employers provide Workers’ Compensation Insurance for their employees